Every good thing the enemy has destroyed in my life and family, Oh Lord, restore it to us this day in the name of Jesus Christ.
Tag Archives: God’s blessings
Esther went in to meet with the king without a crown but she came out with a crown on her head.
O Lord, let our blessings become too hot to be delayed in the name of Jesus Christ.
Now after the death of Moses the servant of the Lord it came to pass, that the Lord spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses’ minister, saying, Moses my servant is dead, now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel. Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses – Joshua 1 : 1-3.
In the above words from God to Joshua, let’s see two things:
- I do give
- Have I given
According to the words of God the ownership of the land has changed and the land has been given to the Israelites but Israel has not physically possess the land and people were still occupying the land. The people need to move with confident without any doubt. Like some christians today, people are in places of no possession. Brethren, until you wake up and make the move of faith, you cannot possess what actually belongs to you. We need to change our mentality and mind set so that we can become whom God has created us to become.
When you have an encounter with God, you should always remember that encounter. People can argue with your theory, with your religion, with the way you do things but no one can argue with your personal experience with God. God’s promise to give you a blessing, no one else can fight for the manifestation of that blessing for you but rather you alone has to rise up and fight for it and possess it. Stop putting your hope and trust on man because the bible says that ”Cursed are those who put their trust in mere humans, who rely on human strength and turn their hearts away from the Lord” – Jeremiah 17:5 (New living translation).
If you say you met Jesus and your life remain the same, it is not Jesus Christ of Nazareth that you have met because when you meet Him, your life must really change. When you ignore your relationship with the Holy Spirit, then you will not be able to possess your possessions because the Holy Spirit is the One that will direct you on how you will possess your possessions.
Prayer: O Lord, help us to yield to the direction of the Holy Spirit so that we can possess our possessions in the name of Jesus Christ.
Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021
Scripture Ingredient: Luke 10:19
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
Take a moment to praise and worship the LORD.
- Holy Spirit, help me not to dwell on past failures; help me to trust and depend on you to move me forward by fire.
- Lord Jesus, let my life be a reflection of your glory day by day.
- I am determined to make Heaven; O heavens fight for me in Jesus name.
- Every power attacking my vehicle of destiny, be buried alive in Jesus name.
- Thou principalities in my heavens I pull you down in the name of Jesus.
- Vision killers in the camp of my life, be exposed and be disgraced in Jesus name.
- Dream killers of my father’s house, receive the judgment of God in Jesus name.
- Powers stealing my virtues in the dream be crushed by the Rock of Ages in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, deliver my bloodline from evil traders in Jesus name.
- O Lord, purge my life for divine promotion today in Jesus name.
- I refuse to be a casualty in the spiritual war in Jesus name.
- Dark drivers of my destiny die die die in the name of Jesus (pray it 3 hot times).
- Every agenda of witchcraft concerning my family this year, I cut you off in the name of Jesus.
- Monitoring spirits, evil observers assigned against my life, receive double blindness and die in Jesus name.
- Today I destroy the powers of stagnation and limitation in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, deliver me from my strong enemies (pray it 7 times).
- Every pronouncement from occult shrines working against my life, be nullified by the blood of Jesus in the name of Jesus.
- I gun down every spiritual assassin hunting for my life and family in the name of Jesus.
- Every enchantment against my blood, be silenced by the power in the blood of Jesus.
- Every magnet of darkness inside my body, jump out now, go back to your senders in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, I thank you for answering my prayers.
Then the king made Daniel a great man and gave him many gifts and made him ruler over the whole province of Babylon and chief of the governors over all the wise men of Babylon. Then Daniel requested of the king and he set Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego, over the affairs of the province of Babylon, but Daniel sat in the gate of the king – Daniel 2:48 – 49.
This new year prepare yourself because God has great things He has prepared for you no matter what is happening in the world.
Daniel and his three friends prepared themselves before their nation went to war and when they were taken as captives, God opened the door of opportunity for them because they had created the base for themselves before their problem came and in the midst of their trials, their personal traits qualified them for the job. You see, in every blessing or position God is taking you to, God has a role to play and we also have our roles to play. If they had not prepared themselves how will they have excelled in the role given to them? You might say yes, God can qualify them even if they’re not qualified. Yes, that is true but know one thing in God’s provision: that God will give you what you are prepared for because His blessing will never be a mockery to His children and He is a God of justice.
The bible says, Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth – 2 Timothy 2:15. King James version. That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works – 2 Timothy 3:17. King James version.
What about Joseph? In the prison he was training himself by interpreting other people’s dream. He was in Potiphar’s house as a leader under training but this was unknown to him. When God saw that he had been fully trained and qualified, He opened the door of opportunity to him. The cup bearer did not forget him for no reason. It was because he was not yet qualified because there were things God still wanted him to learn in the prison and he never complained, but rather kept doing what he knew doing and God was taking note of his skills and qualification.
What about David? When he was going through training his dad sent him to his elder siblings and God opened the door of opportunity when he was fully qualified. Was fighting Goliath the reason why his father sent him to his siblings? No. What his father expected was to give things to his brothers and see their well being and come back to his father but God, who was aware of his qualification, had another plan. Can you imagine: a father sent his son on an errand and was expecting him to come back with a response but only for the father to hear that the whole city was singing, that his son, who was not trained as a soldier, was being celebrated as the killer of the enemy’s war champion. The bible says, Goliath had been boasting for 40 days and no one could challenge him. David only heard him once and his spirit could not be at rest for hearing such statement from Goliath because he has been prepared. If he wasn’t prepared, such opportunity wouldn’t have come to him.
Prepare yourself with prayer, fasting, studying, attending seminars, taking up challenges and not running away from them. I have a friend in my school, before the lockdown, one of our lecturers shared us in a group to do group work and I was selected as the group leader and I allocated each portion of the project to each and everyone of us. Few people did what was given to them and about four of us had to do the other people’s portion, including our own and one lady said: ‘Henry, since the rest of them don’t want to work I won’t do their work’ and I told her that she should try to do the maximum that she could and shouldn’t look at others because she is training herself for the future. Finally, she obliged. Since march 2020 when the lockdown started, we have not been able to go back to class and we have been taking our lectures online and submitting our assignments online. Several times that same woman thanked me for the advice I gave her about not looking at what others were doing but focused because it was a training and due to that experience she had, today she is able to do all her assingments on her own. I told her that it was God who I thanked for her life for taking the advise. There was a post I posted here on this blog long ago whose tittle is “God brings people into our lives for a purpose.” In this journey of life our lives cross those who God knows will be beneficial to us, in one way or another. Some might be to challenge you, some might be to encourage you, some might be to train and prepare you even within a short time of that relationship, some might be to advertise or announce you, some might be to carry you along. All we need is to be focused and humble ourselves so that the purpose will be fulfilled and God will be glorified.
- Lord, we thank You for bringing us to the begining of 2021 in the name of Jesus Christ.
- O Lord, I want to learn and get myself prepared for any opportunity You have destined for me this year. Give me the grace to prepare in the name of Jesus christ.
- Father, open my eyes to opportunities others might not see this year in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Lord, I want to testify of Your great plan and purpose for my life this year to the glory of Your name in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Any spirit of discouragement waiting to frustrate me this year, I relocate you to the pit of fire in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Lord, right from this month of January, I refuse to be spectators in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Open my eyes and mind to know the area I need to prepare myself so that when the opporunity comes, I will not be left out in the name of Jesus Christ.
- O Lord, let the potentials You have placed in me be activated and be seen by those You have destined to announce me to kings in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Father, connect me to those that will see my value in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Thank You Lord for answered prayers in the name of Jesus christ.
Thank You Lord for the opportunity granted me to connect with new people everyday
And it came to pass, when they had brought them forth abroad, the he said, escape for thy life, look not behind thee, neither stay thou in all the plain, lest thou be consumed – Genesis 19:17. But his wife (Lot’s wife) looked back from behind him and she became a pillar of salt – Genesis 19:26. (King James version).
The angels gave instructions to Lot and his family when they were about to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah. The first instruction they gave them was to leave the city immediately. Followed by another in which they were instructed not to look back but Lot’s wife looked back because her mind was still there. The bible says, For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also – Matthew 6:21. When we keep looking back, we are not ready to move forward because what is gone is gone no matter how good it might be. Forward ever and backward never.
Our focus should always be forward. The angels gave them the instruction because whatever they left behind is gone forever but Lot’s wife still have her focus on those things. The bible says, Let thine eyes look right on and let thine eyelids look straight before thee – Proverbs 4:25. The bible did not say look straight behind thee. Most times we don’t even know that we are looking back. It is good to remember the past but don’t dwell and focus on the past because our destiny is right in front of us. Which area of your life have you been looking back? Could it be the blessings you have received, could it be words that someome has spoken to you, could it be God’s promises, could it be past failures, could it be past errors and mistakes and is making you not to trust anyone again? Keep moving forward because you have much more good things ahead of you.
Apostole Paul says, I count not myself to have apprehended, but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forth unto those things which are before. I press forward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus – Philippians 3:13-14. Looking back can bring delay, it can bring destraction, it can make you loose focus, it can bring discouragement, it can bring anger etc. Therefore let your focus be in front of you.
Now to the prayers:
- Any power, spirit or personality making me to focus on my past instead of moving forward, receive fire in the name of Jesus christ.
- Any situation making me to retrogress, loose your power and fail woefully in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Any covenant I might have entered knowingly or unknowingly that is depriving me from moving forward, break in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Any family idol that is making every member of my family to be stagnant, scatter by fire in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Any line of limitation that is limiting every member of my family, be erased by the blood of Jesus christ.
- Any boundary that has been set that no one can cross in my family, I will cross and surpass it in the name of Jesus christ.
- Wall of Jericho limiting people in my ancestry, crash now in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Generational sickness going from generation to generation in my ancestry, I am not your portion in the name of Jesus christ.
- Evil altar erected to stop the destiny of every member of my family, scatter in the name of Jesus christ.
- Every mark, seal or stamp of failure given to my family, be erased by the blood of Jesus Christ.
- Thanbk you lord for answered prayers in the name of Jesus christ.
And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem (because he was of the house and lineage of David). To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child ……..Luke 2: 4 – 20 (Kings James version).
Joseph left Galilee with his wife to be taxed not because of the wife’s delivery. His purpose of living was quite different from the plan of God. Most times we go to places for a specific motive and if our reason of going to the place does not coincide with the plan of God, the purpose of God will prevail. That is why at times we go to places with a mindset and we see ourselves doing another thing. God knows how to change the course of our action. Satan can still change the course of our action as well that is why it is very vital to commit everything we are doing into God’s hand.
When Jesus was to be born, the bible says that there was no place for the mother in any of the hotels, guest houses nor any lodging place but that could not stop the birth of Jesus. The bible did not mention that there were nurses, mid-wifes, doctors, ambulance, stretcher etc. You might say during that time those things were not available then but the traditional way of delivery was in place. The bible did not mention other people that could help her in the delivery process because if there were people that assisted Mary, they can boast of it tomorrow that they helped to deliver Jesus. The word of God say, I am the Lord, that is My name and My glory will I not give to another, neither My praise to graven images – Isaiah 42:8.
As Jesus was being delivered aparently by Joseph the earthly father, there were people praying to see the unborn child. What a glory and grace upon Jesus. Despite the fact that He was born in a manger, that could not stop His destiny. The place we are born have no power to hold us down no matter how remote it might be. Our mindset need to change. Immediately He was born the first set of people that the angels appeared to was the shepherds. Why? Because seeing to where Jesus was born, if other people make the announcement, people might doubt them but when the shepherds make the announcement there will be no doubt. As they heard the news, they moved and went for the search of the child with the sign the angels has given to them.
Many people do say because of where they came from that is why they cannot have the connection like others. Wrong notion! As a child of God, your place of origin is not supposed to hold you down if you know what you are carrying. The connection you need is your connection with God.
When Simeon and Anna saw Jesus as He was brought into the house of God, they were very happy and thanked God for bringing His promises to reality. The purpose of Christmas is not only to eat and drink but to give thanks to God for making it possible to be part of the celebration of the anniversary of the birth of Jesus christ.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for this gift to mankind. Give us the grace to always remember the purpose of Christmas in the name of Jesus Christ.
Now on His way to Jerusalem, Jesus travelled along the border between Samaria and Galilee. As He was going into a village, ten men who had leprous met Him. They stood at a distance and called out in a loud voice, Jesus, Master, have pity on us. When He saw them, He said, ”Go, show yourselves to the priests”. And as they went, they were cleansed. One of them, when he saw he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice. He threw himself at Jesus’ feet and thanked him and he was a Samaritan. Jesus asked, ”Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? Has no one returned to give praise to God except this foreigner? Then He said to him, ”Rise and go, your faith has made you well” – Luke 17 : 11 – 19. (NIV).
Most times we seems not to know or we don’t want to know the importance of thanksgiving. We render the little help we can to anyone and most times we don’t even expect any thank you from whom we have helped. Despite that, according to the above bible verses, Jesus want us to know the importance of saying thank you to anyone who has helped us in one way or the other.
God is doing many miracles and wonders in our lives, we don’t even remember to say thank You Lord at times. According to the above passage, we have to understand that the healing was in two parts. The first part was when Jesus told them to go and show themselves to the priests and the second part came after one of them came back to say thank you Lord. The other nine were only satisfied and settled for half blessing. Jesus even asked if the ten of them were not healed and where are the remaining nine?
Brethren, let’s be grateful and appreciative everytime. When we wake up in the morning, do we spend time to say thank you Lord for another new day? We forgot that many went to bed with us and they have good plans but they couldn’t wake up. If you think that it was the alarm that wake you up, try and place an alarm close to a dead body and see if the dead body will wake up. Below are some prayers of thanksgiving to the Lord.
1. Thank You for giving me the grace to keep Your ways and not depart from them in the name of Jesus Christ – 2 Samuel 22 : 21.
2. Thank You Lord for being my strength and power in the name of Jesus Christ – 2 Samuel 22 : 33.
3. Thank You Lord for making me feet like the Deer’s feet in the name of Jesus Christ – 2 Samuel 22 : 34.
4. Thank You Lord for making my way perfect – 2 Samuel 22 : 33.
5. Thank You Lord for lifting me up above those who rise up against me in the name of Jesus Christ – 2 Samuel 22 : 49.
6. Thank You Lord for guarding my feet anywhere I go in the name of Jesus Christ – 1 Samuel 2 : 9.
7. Thank You Lord, with Your mouth You speak and with Your hand You fulfil – 1 Kings 8 : 15.
8. Thank You Lord for hearing my cry – Exodus 22 : 23.
9. Thank You Lord for Your tender mercy in the name of Jesus Christ – Psalm 79 : 8.
10. Thank You Lord answering my prayers in the name of Jesus Christ.