I refuse, my wife and children refuse to wear the garment of rejection and sorrow in the name of Jesus Christ.
Category Archives: Forgiveness
What is love?
According to Cambridge dictionary, love can be defined as an intense feeling of deep affection. Love is when you choose to be at your best even if the other person is not at their best. Furthermore, love is when what you want is never important but rather what the other person want or needs is more important. When you are love with somebody, you will always want to be with the person.
According to the bible, love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonour others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth, always hopes, always perseveres – 1 Corinthians 13 : 4 – 7.
That is the type of love that God has for us which make Him to be very patient with us no matter what we do. I have come accross many people who always say that this person is known for doing bad and God still permits the person to live and continue doing the bad the person is known for. No matter our error or mistakes, God’s love is greater. He bestowed such a great love on us even when we don’t merit it. He destroyed the world with flood in Genesis 7:1-24 when Noah was six hundred years of age. You see many people today when you talked to them about Christ, they will say that they have been in the church ever since they were born and yet they are not yet up to hundred years. Noah was six hundred and he was still following God’s command and that will be a topic for another day.
In Genesis 9:11 The bible says that God made a covenant with Noah that He will never again destroy the earth with flood. While? Because of love.
TYPES OF LOVE
Eros love (1 Corinthians 7:7-8): This comes from a Greek word ”erotas” which means intimate, sexual or romantic love. This type of love has to do with physical attraction.
Phileo love (Mark 12:31): This is brotherly love. Many people viewed phileo love as the ideal love. It is about showing loyalthy, giving sacrifice and showing an appreciation. According to Aristotle, he highlited that a person can feel philia towards someone for one of three reasons: that the person is pleasant; that the person is useful and that the person is good. He explained further that one must feel love for themselve before being able to feel love for others. Some other people feel that the best philia love is the one that grows from eros.
Storge love (Exodus 20:12; 1John 4:16): This is the type of love that exist between parents and children.
Agape love (1 John 4:8; John 13:34-35; Romans 5:8; John 3:16): This type of love is universal and charirtable. This is God’s kind of love. This is the love we have inside that we give freely to others regardless of our relationship with them. The idea of this type of love is that you don’t need to know or have met the other person before but still you want to help him or her, cooperate with them or do something good with them or towards them. Where this kind of love exist, we will always tell the truth to the other person, we will laways respect the person, we will always obey the person, we will always be patient with the person, we will always forgive the person no matter the error, we will always want to hear from the person and know his or her wellbeing, we will always want to appreciate what the person is doing. (To be continued.)
Prayer: Thank You Lord for your great love that You have bestowed on me and my family. Give us the grace to show love to others as You have shown to us no matter what they done to us in the name of Jesus christ.
Image from: https://biblepic.com
When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up – Psalm 27 : 10
The Lord will not forsake me, He will not abadon me, He will not leave me, He will not disappoint me not because I am too faithful to Him, not because I am perfect, not because I am too obedient to His instructions, not because of my work but rather because of His compassion, mercy, grace and love.
What my physical parents are unable to give to me, God is ready to give it to me not because of my qualification, certificate, influence but He made me qualified through the blood of Jesus Christ. I have to keep running my race with the grace of God and I will not try to convince people that I am very good. That is where most of us miss it. We try to convince people that we are too perfect. Jesus said, no man is perfect except God. God is not looking at our perfection but rather He is looking us through His grace. We have to respect our parents and accept whatever they are capable of giving us but our hope and trust should be on God because He is the only one that help to fulfil our destiny.
Prayer: O Lord, Help me to recognise You as the source of my life and the source of everything I have no matter what my physical parents are able to give me in the name of Jesus Christ.
From: Prayermandate blogspot
Everyday we are faced with one or more trials and we need the Mighty Hand of God to deliver us from such trials. At times, we don’t even know that it is a problem because satan will make it seems that it is normal and it takes the grace of God for us to know that such situation is a problem. Below are some prayers that might help you to come out of any difficult situation that you might find yourself. You might ask why should I use the word might? Because it depends on you:
- First, if you are born again – meaning if you have given your life to Jesus.
- Secondly, if you realised that one situation is a problem.
- Thirdly, if you will be ready to follow the instructions.
- Fourtly, if you believe that the prayers will work.
If you have not accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and saviour, you can do so by repeating this prayer after me. Say Lord Jesus, I come to You, I recognised that You came and died for me. I accept You as my Lord and saviour, Come into my life and take permanent resident. Fill my life with Your glory and give me the grace to serve You throughout the rest of my Life. Thank You Lord in Jesus Christ name. Amen. Friends, if you pray that simple prayer, I beleive that you are born again.
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness – 1 John 1 : 9
Confess all your sins and don’t hide any of them because He is aware of it. If you can do this properly, it will take you some quality time and I know that is what some of us don’t want. It is not a wasted time anytime you spend with God. You can use the following as a guide:
- My Father, my Father, I come to You this day with a humble heart and I confess every sins I have committed knowingly or unknowingly against You, cleanse me with the blood of Jesus Christ.
- Lord, make me whole before You in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Any sin that would have been a hindrance to my prayers Lord, wash it away with the blood of Jesus Christ.
- Thank You Lord for forgiving my sins in the name of Jesus Christ.
Now to the prayers.
1. Father, You said in Your word that when the righteous cry to You for help You will deliver him. Lord, I cry to You today, deliver me out of any troubled waters in the name of Jesus Christ – Ref. Psalm 34:17.
2. O Lord my Father, deliver me from any trouble I have entered consciously or unconsciously in the name of Jesus Christ – Ref. Psalm 107:6.
3. Father, deliver me from ———– (mention the problem) and I will glorify You in the name of Jesus Christ – Ref. Psalm 50:15.
4. Father, You said in Your word that I will know the truth and the truth will set me free. Therefore Lord, give me the grace to know the truth in the name of Jesus Christ – Ref. John 8:32.
5. O God, give me the grace to abide in You so that Your word will abide in me in the name of Jesus Christ. Ref. John 15:7.
6. O Lord, let my ways please You in the name of Jesus Christ – Ref. Proverbs 16:7.
7. O God, help me to keep Your commandments in the name of Jesus Christ – Ref. 1 John 2:4.
8. O Lord, set me free of the pit that have prisoned me in the spirit in the name of Jesus Christ – Ref. Zechariah 9:11.
9. Deliver me from stubborn enemies O Lord in the name of Jesus Christ – Ref. Psalm 18:17.
10. Lord, You said in Your word that whom the Son set free is free indeed. Therefore Lord, set me free from ——–(mention the name) in the name of Jesus Christ – Ref. John 8:36.
11. O Lord, Let Your kingdom come in the name of Jesus Christ – Ref. Matthew 6:10.
12. Hear my cry O Lord and have mercy on me in the name of Jesus Christ – Ref . Psalm 27:7
13. Give me the grace Lord to fear and obey You in the name of Jesus Christ – Ref . Proverbs 1:7.
14 Thank You Lord for answering my prayers in the name of Jesus Christ – Ref. 1 Chronicles 16:34.
Jon Dyer 2019.
Behold I send an angel before thee, to keep thee in the way and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared – Exodus 23:20.
No matter what is happening today in the world, the promises of God is Yes and Amen. During this time of lock down, what are we using our time for? Are we using it to search for Him? or we are using it to look for fake news? Now the greatest news that is available anywhere in the world now is how many people are dead because of Covid-19. Ever since the lock down or even before the lock down do people still die because of other ailments or means? Coronavirus infection has taken over the whole world. I don’t want people to die but we cannot avoid it. Please, we should be realistic, I am not saying the Journalist are telling lies but what I am saying is that we should believe and stick to God’s promises. Is coronavirus bigger than God? Absolutely not, then why can’t we put our hope and trust on Him who can protect us against this deadly pandemic because He is able.
God is ever ready to fulfil His side of the promise. The question is, are we confident enough to fulfil our side? Most times when it comes to the things of God we procrastinate but when it comes to other things we are more serious. If we can remove procrastination in the things of God, we will see the reality of God because He has never lied and will never lie. The bible says in Numbers 23:19 that, God is not a man, that He should lie, neither the son of man, that He should repent. Has He said and shall He not do it? Or has He spoken and shall He not make it good?
What are the things that will not make God’s promises to manifest?
- Unbelief – And Jesus said unto him, if you can believe, all things are possible to him that believe – Mark 9:23. The bible did not say somethings are possible but rather all things are possible including God’s protection against coronavirus.
- Fear – Fear not, for I am with you, be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand – Isaiah 41:10; For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind – 2 Timothy 1:7. According to above, God is not the giver of the spirit of fear. Fear not appeared 365 times in the bible meaning there will always be something that will make us to fear everyday whether we like it or not. As we have been alerted of this we should try not to allow it to take its root in our lives.
- O Lord, I come to You with all my heart and with all my mind to plead for the forgiveness of my sins. Any known sins and unknown sins that have distant me away from You, please, blot it away with blood of Jesus Christ.
- My Father, my Father, I refuse to be a victim of this pandemic in the name of Jesus Christ.
- I will never die before my time in the name of Jesus Christ.
- In my going out and in my coming in, let You protection be upon me in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Thank You Lord for answered prayers in the name of Jesus Christ.
WHAT A WORLD!!!
A 30 year-old son decided to get his old father admitted into an old peoples home as desired by his wife. He brought the father in a car to an old peoples home run by a Catholic priest.
Then appeared this elderly priest, who came out to have a long chat with the old man.
The son wondered and asked the priest whether he knew his father before, since they were talking as though they knew each other.
The priest replied, yes, and continued, “He came here 30 years back and took with him a very sick orphan boy whom everyone else had rejected for adoption.
This man gave that boy a home and saved his life. He told us this little boy deserves better and I’ll dedicate my life to make him the wealthiest young man when he turns 25”.
The priest continued, “I don’t know how long you have known him but I can tell you he is a good man and I am glad to inform you that you were the sick boy”.
The boy, on hearing this, fell on his knees and begged the old man for forgiveness.
The old man looked at him with a smile and said, “Son, I have forgiven you. You threw me out of my own home because of your wife.
Take the house, but know that I have removed you from my documents as the sole heir of my empire.
I have willed all my properties to this orphanage where I now belong.”
At the height of your success don’t forget where you are coming from, if not you will miss your destination and lose your Crown.
I pray we will not forget those who helped us to get to the top.
To understand what life is, you have to visit three locations:_
*1.* The hospital,
*2.* The prison and
*3.* The Cemetery.
*At the Hospital,*
you will understand that nothing is more beautiful than health.
you’ll see that freedom is the most precious thing.
*At the cemetary,*
you will realize that life is worth nothing, the ground we walk today will be our roof tomorrow.
Let us therefore remain humble by having the fear of God.
May the grace and mercy of the Almighty God follow us everyday in the name of Jesus Christ .