- Exodus 17:8
“Then came Amalek, and fought with Israel in Rephidim. And Moses said unto Joshua, Choose us out men, and go out, fight with Amalek: tomorrow I will stand on the top of the hill with the rod of God in mine hand. So Joshua did as Moses had said to him, and fought with Amalek: and Moses, Aaron, and Hur went up to the top of the hill. And it came to pass, when Moses held up his hand, that Israel prevailed: and when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed. But Moses’ hands were heavy; and they took a stone, and put it under him, and he sat thereon; and Aaron and Hur stayed up his hands, the one on the one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun. And Joshua discomfited Amalek and his people with the edge of the sword. And the LORD said unto Moses, Write this for a memorial in a book, and rehearse it in the ears of Joshua: for I will utterly put out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven Exodus 17 : 8 – 14.
Every battle has a physical side and a spiritual side and both has to go hand in hand in order to be victorious. In this journey of life, no matter what we think or feel about ourselves, there will always be one or more battles to fight and nothing can change that. We should always believe that it is only God that can change things.
According to the above scripture, Moses has to go on top of the mountain with Aaron and Hur who were expected to hold his hand. While Joshua has to go and do the physical despite the fact that God has given them victory. Things will not change until we rise up and take action.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF BATTLES WE MIGHT BE FIGHTING
1. Battle of health: The woman with the issue of blood (luke 8:43-48) fought that battle with all she had and there was no victory until all strength and wealth were no more and she now decided to give it to Jesus and there and then the battle came to an end. Also the man at the beautiful gate – Act 3 : 2 – 11.
2. The battle of poverty and limitations:In 2 Kings 4 : 1 – 38 about the Shunamite woman. She fought the battle of poverty.
3. The battle of barrenness: Sarah Abram’s wife Genesis 11 : 30; Rebekah the wife of Isaac Genesis 25 : 21; Rachel, Jacob’s wife Genesis 30 : 22 – 24; Manoah’s wife, Samson’s mother Judges 13 : 3; another woman was Hannah Samuel’s mother 1 Samuel 1 : 6 ; also Michal Saul’s daughter David’s wife 2 Samuel 6 : 23 and Elizabeth the wife of Zechariah the mother of John the baptist in Luke 1 : 7. All these women fought the battle of barrenness and God rewarded them by giving them each a great children who were prophets and leaders.
4. The battle of death and marriage: Naomi and Ruth fought the battle of marriage and God gave Ruth a second chance Ruth 1 : 1 – 22.
5. The battle of disobedient children: prophet Eli had children that were disobedient and it was in the same house Samuel the great prophet grew up whose none of his words came without result 1 Samuel 2 : 11 – 36
6. Battle of unfruitfulness: Peter worked all night and there was no result Luke 5 : 5 but when Jesus Christ steps in, the situation changed even during the day when it is difficult to fish.
7. Battle of injustice and false acausation from family members and anyone that sees you: Joseph was put in the prison for what he did not do Genesis 39 : 19 – 21.
8. Other battles we might be facing are joblessness, not being appreciated no matter how you try to be good, delay, etc
No matter how strong and hard the battle might be, all we have to do is to present it to God and allow Him to settle it in His own way. We should always remember that the spiritual controls the physical. All these battles in the bible were first won in the spiritual and it manifested in the physical.
PRAYER: Thank You Lord for always ahead of us in every situation. Give us the grace to rely on You and the grace to fight in the name of Jesus Christ.