First we have to look at the meaning of faith. According to Lexico.com:
- Faith means a complete trust and confidence in someone or something.
- It further defined faith as a strong belief in God or in the doctrines of religion, based on spiritual conviction rather than proof.
According to the bible in Hebrews 11:1, the word of God says that, ”Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see”. Faith is not a thing we can see with the physical eyes but the work of faith is very great that it cannot be hidden. The above scripture explained that faith is the assurance of what we do not see but with strong believe we are assured that whatever we exact our faith on will be possible through Christ Jesus. No one has ever seen God physically but by faith we believe that He is and He is a rewarder of those that diligently seek Him.
What can faith brings to us?
1. Faith will bring confidence and peace – The bible says that, ”Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God” – Romans 5:1-2. It was confidence after meeting with God that made Jacob to go back to his brother Esau after running away from him. It was confidence that made the prodigal son to go back to his father after waisting all his wealth.
2. Faith will make you to become overcomer: ”Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God” – 1 John 5:5.
3. Faith will make you to forgive no matter what has been done to you because you will know that your destiny is not in the hand of man but rather in the hand of God. Joseph forgave his brothers because his faith was not on his family but in God.
4. Faith will make you to believe that God can do great things through you. ”By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faith” – Hebrews 11:7. Read also James 1:6, John 7:38 and Mark 11:24.
5. Faith will make you to trust God. ”And by faith even Sarah, who was past childbearing age, was enabled to bear children because she considered Him faithful who had made the promise” – Hebrews 11:11.
Thank You Lord for Your mercy, love, compassion and grace. Help us to increase our faith in the name of Jesus Christ.