The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree, he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon. Those that be planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bring forth fruit in old age, they shall be fat and flourishing. To shew that the Lord is upright, He is my rock and there is no unrighteousness in Him – Psalm 92 : 12 – 15.
Many times we have read this verse in the bible but most of the times we do not know the qualities of what God has placed in us that make the Psalmist to describe us as the palm tree whose botanical name is Arecaceae according to Wikipedia.
Below is the meaning and some of the qualities of a palm tree which will encourage you to know the qualities that is in the inside of you :
A plam tree is an unbranched evergreen tree of tropical and warm regions, with a crown of very long feathered or fan-shaped leaves, and typically having old leaf scars forming a regular pattern on the trunk.
a leaf of a palm tree awarded as a prize or viewed as a symbol of victory. From Google
– It grows straight heavenward
– It overtops all other tress
– The palm tree cast the least shadow… it does not interfere with the growth of its neighbors by hindering the rain or sunshine
– The palm tree is soft at heart
– The palm tree has the fewest roots which is sufficient to maintain its upright position
– The palm tree will not be repressed. When it starts to grow, even if you put a stone on it, it will lift that stone or grow around it and continue to grow heavenward
– The older the palm tree, the more abundant, luscious and sweeter are its fruits
– The dust does not accumulate on the palm tree (it accumulates on other trees). I am free from all earthly contamination in Jesus name
– The palm tree shows the place of water… it’s roots go deep to find the place of water even in dry places
– The palm tree is perennially green throughout all season
– Each and every part of a palm tree is useful
Father, we thank You for the great things You have placed in the inside of us. Give us the grace to manifest it in season and out of season to the glory of Your name in the name of Jesus Christ.